Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peter Max

Wow.  Peter Max - I call the images below "cosmic walkers"  I decided that the fourth grade lesson of taking a pop star was not art related in the way I wanted it to be.  Once the kids began drawing the bodies in motion and trying to combine all the fashions of the pop stars I could see that it wasn't coming across with the look and feel of the 1960's era that I wanted for this project - so I changed mid stream today and I'm so happy that I did.  Peter Max connects to the pop art theme I ran with last year. It also very easy for the children to copy the look of his paintings  into drawing and fits with our musical theme and the Beatles. The links to the videos from Peter Max's website were great too.  So colorful - so fun - so magical!!! They loved Peter
Max's work and they loved coping his drawing. Maybe he'll come be a guest artist this year! 
I've got big dreams - why not, it's more fun to dream big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment